- i went into Hobby Lobby yesterday and was accosted by Christmas. in August. and it's 107 degrees outside. i'm not sure how this whole life-in-the-desert thing is going to work out.
- i adore it when Shorty sings himself to sleep. tonight it's Old MacDonald.
- i don't like it when the hubby is out of town on business. i know he's working, but in my head he is snorkeling. all day long. while i'm dealing with crabby kids and having half-eaten fish sticks for my dinner.
- i cracked the wine tonight to have with my soggy fish.
- perhaps the wine is contributing to the random nature of this post.
- today i volunteered to be room mom for the twins' preschool class. i thought it would be a great way to be involved and meet people. then i realized that i don't know the first thing about being a room mom.
- middle school teachers (which i was, once upon a time) technically have room moms, but it is about that time that room-mom enthusiasm completely ends. middle school room moms are more of a theory than a reality.
- i don't think a theoretical preschool room mom is going to cut it.
- monday a scorpion dropped from the vent in the bottom of the microwave onto the spoon rest on the oven, where it got stuck.
- tuesday the microwave blew up. okay, it just shorted out.
- is it possible for scorpions to use those pinchers to destroy a microwave's wiring?
- i despise scorpions.
- i will blame them for everything.
- including global warming.
- while it's kind of fun rambling like this, i think i need to stop. it's time to curl up with my vino, my book, my cat, and my tempurpedic
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
just a few random thoughts that have been on my mind...