Wednesday, August 17, 2011

scatterbrained

just a few random thoughts that have been on my mind...

  • i went into Hobby Lobby yesterday and was accosted by Christmas. in August. and it's 107 degrees outside. i'm not sure how this whole life-in-the-desert thing is going to work out.
  • i adore it when Shorty sings himself to sleep. tonight it's Old MacDonald.
  • i don't like it when the hubby is out of town on business. i know he's working, but in my head he is snorkeling. all day long. while i'm dealing with crabby kids and having half-eaten fish sticks for my dinner.
  • i cracked the wine tonight to have with my soggy fish.
  • perhaps the wine is contributing to the random nature of this post.
  • today i volunteered to be room mom for the twins' preschool class. i thought it would be a great way to be involved and meet people. then i realized that i don't know the first thing about being a room mom.
  • middle school teachers (which i was, once upon a time) technically have room moms, but it is about that time that room-mom enthusiasm completely ends. middle school room moms are more of a theory than a reality.
  • i don't think a theoretical preschool room mom is going to cut it.
  • monday a scorpion dropped from the vent in the bottom of the microwave onto the spoon rest on the oven, where it got stuck.
  • tuesday the microwave blew up. okay, it just shorted out.
  • is it possible for scorpions to use those pinchers to destroy a microwave's wiring?
  • i despise scorpions.
  • i will blame them for everything.
  • including global warming.
  • while it's kind of fun rambling like this, i think i need to stop. it's time to curl up with my vino, my book, my cat, and my tempurpedic sleep vortex mattress.
good night and good luck.

3 comments:

Amy said...

this is my favorite post! i can totally relate to most of it...except the scorpions, thank the lord.

Jessy with a "Y" said...

GREAT post!!!

I was Ethan's Room Mom for his Kindergarten class and that is where my room mom experience on my "mom resume" will end. It was unfortunately caused by the parents I had to deal with rather than the actually "duties" having to be preformed. It was mainly for holiday parties and here was my motto: Feed them something yummy (most likely including sugar), play something fun or make a craft, send them home with a treat bag full of things the mother wants to throw away and call it a day! It was always a success!!! Haha!

Good luck with being a Room Mom and those crazy scorpions...ewww!!!

PS. Where is the application for Room Dad's...I would like to see those???

Jessy with a "Y" said...

Oops....remove that apostrophe in Dad's...we clearly know they truly don't "possess" much of anything. LOL :)

That was mean. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...