Wednesday, October 13, 2010

fuzzy teeth

I'm sitting here, thinking I should post about something fun (like maybe a month-overdue post about the Little Man's birthday), but the thought that keeps taking over my mind is that my teeth are fuzzy. I'm trying to remember when the last time I brushed them was.

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Or because I have broccoli between my incisors.

Seriously, I don't know when I last groomed myself. I should probably go take care of that now, but I've waited this long -- what's another few minutes while I justify my filth?

On Sunday Shorty was cranky and fell asleep during church. The cranky part is not that unusual -- he is having a few months of hating the nursery -- but the falling asleep part was odd. We had some good friends for dinner (I could also be blogging about the close-enough-to-vegan-to-satisfy feast I cooked up in courses, but no). Then, as they were getting ready to head home, the little one started crying. He had a fever. Later he vomited (in my hair). He didn't sleep more than 30 minutes at a time all night long.

Monday morning he stuffed his face with Kix and then lost them (into my hair), but his fever was down and he didn't puke again all day. Around midnight, his fever shot way back up (way) and he puked 3 more times (in my hair). After spending some time on the phone with the nurse line, I headed to the ER with him. It was 3 a.m.

4 a.m. I was back home with him with the diagnosis of "just a virus" and the solution of "wait it out."

Tuesday at lunch W decided that he would rather go lie down than eat his mac and cheese. This is unheard of from the one who can't stop running long enough to think about a nap (the party is always in his bed) and just passes out while playing. Uh-oh. He woke up crying and writhing and burning up. He lay on the sofa in the afternoon until he puked (thank goodness, not in my hair).

Last night, 2 out of 3 were a bit cranky and fitful. Every few hours the crying had to be stopped. Today, we are without fevers, without vomit, but still pretty high maintenance with lots of tears and whining.

And that, my friends, is why my teeth are fuzzy.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

So sorry to hear you guys were sick. No fun with the little ones. Hope everyone's doing better. I really enjoy reading your posts, they really are so entertaining!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...